Japanese beef soup
250 g oyster blade (paper thin slices)
1 litre beef stock
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Chinese cooking wine
200 g udon noodles
100 g button mushrooms, sliced
4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
1 carrot, cut into very thin sticks
2 cup fresh bean sprouts
2 tbsp fried shallot
- Place stock in a large saucepan over moderate heat. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add chilli sauce, cooking wine, noodles, mushrooms, spring onions and carrots. Simmer for 3 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Add Shabu Shabu. Remove from heat.
- Place bean sprouts in large soup bowls. Pour soup over.
- Serve sprinkled with fried shallot.