- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Family meals comes first
- Australian lamb rack and fried baby artichokes with pink aioli
Australian lamb rack and fried baby artichokes with pink aioli
4 Australian Lamb Racks
8 Baby Artichokes, Sliced
Black Pepper to Taste
½ tsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Thyme
2 Egg yolks
4 Garlic Cloves
2/3 cup Sunflower Oil
1½ tbsp Pink Peppercorns
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt to Taste
1 tbsp Chinese Five-Spice Powder
6 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
6 tbsp Cornstarch
- To make the Aioli, blend egg yolks, sunflower oil, garlic cloves, dijon mustard, pepper, thyme, pink peppercorns and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- Place the all-purpose flour in a small bowl with the Chinese five spice and salt. Stir to combine.
- Next, Place the artichokes on a plate and add the lemon juice to prevent them from discoloring. Just before you are ready to fry the artichokes, drain them, pat them very dry, and roll them in the flour mixture.
- Pour enough oil into a large sauté pan so that it rises 3/4-inch cm up the sides and place over medium heat. Once hot, add the artichoke slices and fry for 5 to 6 minutes, until starting to turn golden brown and crisp: you will need to do this in batches, so you don't overcrowd the pan. Use a slotted spoon to remove the artichokes from the oil and transfer to a paper towel-lined colander to drain. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and keep somewhere warm until ready to serve.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the lamb racks and place on the pan. Fry until both sides as cooked through.
- Serve at once, with lamb racks and the aioli and the fried artichokes alongside.