Australian lamb tharid
750g boneless Australian Lamb shoulder, cut into large chunks
2 tsp Baharat (mixed spices)
3 medium-sized onions, chopped
2 tsp ghee
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups of tomatoes, peeled and chopped
30ml tomato paste
2 medium-sized potatoes
1 medium-sized zucchini, cut into medium chunks
1 cup carrot, oblique
2 medium-sized eggplants, cut into medium chunks
Parsley leaves, to garnish
- Melt ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add onions, garlic, and sauté until browned.
- Add lamb, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, and 1 tsp Baharat.
- Close and cook for 25 minutes.
- Next, add carrot, potato, eggplant, zucchini, salt, and 1 tsp Baharat.
- Cook for another 15 minutes until the lamb is tender.
- Garnish with parsley leaves and serve with Arabic bread or rice.
- To ease the process of peeling tomatoes, immerse in boiling water until the skin shows cracks.
- When each tomato looks about ready, remove, and immediately transfer it to a bowl filled with cold water.
- Once the tomatoes have chilled, remove them, and peel the skins off with your hands.