Beef and veggie sausage rolls
2 slices Day old multigrain bread, roughly torn (or ½ cup packet breadcrumbs)
500g Beef mince
3 Shallots, finely chopped
1 Carrot, finely grated
1 Zucchini, finely grated
½ cup Swiss brown mushrooms, finely chopped
2 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
½ cup Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp No added salt tomato paste
1 tbsp Worstershire sauce
3 sheets Frozen puff pastry, thawed, halved
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- Place the bread in the bowl of a food processor and process until you have fine breadcrumbs.
- Place the beef mince, shallots, carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, parsley, breadcrumbs, tomato paste and worsterchire sauce in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Place one sixth of the mixture onto a long edge of one of the pastry strips. Mould the mixture well, to form a long sausage. Brush the edges of the pastry with water and fold over to form a long roll.
- Cut each roll into four pieces. Repeat with the remaining mixture and pastry.
- Place the rolls onto a baking tray, brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.