- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Family meals comes first
- Beef cranberry & pistachio terrine
Beef cranberry & pistachio terrine
250 g beef mince
250 g beef roast, cut into 20mm cubes
25 g dried breadcrumbs
0.5 cup dried cranberries
0.25 cup chopped pistachios
2 tbsp chopped italian parsley
2 tsp sumac
0.25 tsp dried chilli flakes
150 g rindless, streaky bacon, thinly sliced
3 cup capacity rectangular ovenproof loaf dish
- Preheat fan forced* oven to 180°C.
- Combine mince, cubed beef, breadcrumbs, cranberries, pistachios, parsley, sumac and chilli.
- Line base and sides of ovenproof container with bacon, leaving ends hanging out over edges. Fill with beef mix. Fold bacon in and add more to cover filling if needed.
- Bake terrine for 30-40 minutes until cooked through. Pour off any excess liquid and invert terrine onto plate. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Recipe note: *if using a conventional oven, you may need to increase temperature or allow additional cooking time
- Cut into thick slices and serve with your favourite chutney.