Beef pot stickers
250 g beef mince
0.25 cup fresh breadcrumbs
3 spring onions, finely chopped
2 tsp finely grated ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp oyster sauce
35 Gow Chee Pastry (white, 8cm round)
- Combine beef, breadcrumbs, spring onions, ginger, sesame oil and oyster sauce.
- Brush edges of gow chee pastry with water. Place 1 teaspoon beef mixture on each pastry.
- Fold in half and press edges firmly together, pleating the top edge as you go, to secure filling. Place on trays lined with baking paper.
- Heat 10 ml oil in large frying pan. Add pot stickers. Cook, without turning, for 3 minutes over high heat until browned. Reduce heat to moderate.
- Add ½ cup water. (sufficient to cover base of pan to a depth of 3mm) Cover and simmer for further 10 minutes until water has evaporated and pot stickers have softened.
- Serve with light soy sauce.