- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Family meals comes first
- Beef sausage and spicy tomato casserole
Beef sausage and spicy tomato casserole
500 g beef sausages
1 large brown onion, cut into thin wedges
1 red or green capsicum, chopped
200 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
200 g jar of mild taco sauce
400 g can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup beef stock
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Preheat a non-stick fry-pan to moderately hot. Keep the heat at moderate. Add the beef sausages and brown them on all sides, you don't need to cook them through. Place the browned beef sausages in a casserole dish.
- Add a little oil to the fry-pan, add the onion and cook until softened and lightly golden. Add the capsicum and cherry tomatoes to the pan, cook for 1 minute. Add the taco sauce, can of tomatoes and stock. Stir mixture until it comes to the boil. Pour over the beef sausages and stir to mix.
- Cover the casserole dish, place in oven, and cook for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve with mashed potato and vegetables, or rice, a few corn chips and a little sour cream.
- When cooking sausages it is best not to pierce them before or during. If you prick them you let all the moisture and the flavour out.
- It is best to cook the sausages slowly over a moderate heat.