- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Easy peasy recipes
- Chargrilled steak and mango salsa
Chargrilled steak and mango salsa
4 sirloin steaks
425 g can sliced mango, drained
2 tbsp chopped coriander, chopped
0.5 small red onion, finely chopped juice from one large lime
- Brush each sirloin steak lightly with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat the chargrill pan to hot before adding the meat.
- Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn steaks once only. Test the steaks for degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
- While the steaks are cooking, combine the mango, coriander, onion and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove steaks from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest steaks for 2 minutes before serving. Serve steaks with a spoonful of the mango salsa.
- You can also barbecue the steaks for this recipe, use either the chargrill plate or flat-plate. They can also be pan-fried or grilled.
- Use fresh mangoes for this recipe if in season.
- Best beef cuts for chargrilling: fillet/tenderloin, rib eye/scotch fillet, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, T-bone, rump, round and blade, oyster blade.