- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- For the love of BBQ
- Chilean-style lamb with tomatoes, asparagus and char grilled corn
Chilean-style lamb with tomatoes, asparagus and char grilled corn
800g Lamb leg steaks, trimmed of fat (2 per person)
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 tbsp Chopped jalapenos
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp Finely chopped coriander root and stem
1 tbsp Coarsely chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
2 Roma tomatoes, thickly sliced
2 bunches Asparagus, trimmed
4 Corn cobs
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour half over the lamb. Turn lamb in the marinade to coat evenly. Marinate for 10-30 minutes, until you're ready to cook. Reserve remaining marinade for serving.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill pan until very hot. Cook corn for 10 minutes, turning often to char them evenly. Cook asparagus for 2-3 minutes and tomatoes for 1-2 minutes.
- Cook lamb on barbecue or grill pan for 2-2½ minutes per side for medium. Rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice and serve with vegetables and the reserved marinade.
- Switch to make: CHILEAN INSPIRED LAMB WRAPS: Slice the leftover lamb and fill Lebanese bread with cooked rice, beans and salad, topped with hummus and mashed avocado.
- Try fresh red or green chillies instead of jalapeños.
- Marinate the lamb the night before for a more intense flavour.
- Try lamb rump, cutlets or eye of loin if you can’t find leg steaks.