Goat massaman curry
1.4 kg Diced goat leg
2 tbsp Massaman curry paste
2 tbsp Butter
20ml Sweet chili sauce
4 Kaffir lime leaves
240 ml Coconut milk
240 ml Beef stock
3 tbsp Fish Sauce
3 tbsp Palm sugar
3 tbsp Tamarind paste
1/2 cup Raw peanuts
700g Chat washed potatoes halved
- In a pot place butter in until melted then add paste and stir over heat for 3 min.
- Add the diced goat and ensure all pieces are mixed well with paste in the pot and meat is browned (about 4 min).
- Pour in the coconut milk, beef stock and fish sauce. Stir then add tamarind paste and palm sugar until they dissolve into the curry, then add peanuts and kaffir lime leaves.
- Once curry has come to a full simmer, reduce heat until low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Drop the peeled halved chat potatoes into the mixture and continue simmering low until the goat meat is tender and potatoes are firm but soft.
- Stir the sweet chili sauce into the mixture, and serve on steamed Jasmine rice with some fresh coriander as garnish.