- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Build your own burger
- Herb and garlic beef burgers
Herb and garlic beef burgers
500 g beef mince
2 tbsp water
2 tsp dried oregano leaves
2 tsp dried rosemary, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Toasted buns, lettuce, beetroot, grated cheese, diced tomato and parsley to serve
- Combine the beef mince, water, herbs and garlic. Mix lightly, shape into 4 burgers.
- Preheat the barbecue flat-plate or pan to moderately-high. Lightly brush the burgers with oil. Add burgers to the barbecue or pan, lower the heat to moderate.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes each side or until thoroughly cooked. Turn them once only.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with lettuce, beetroot, grated cheese, diced tomato and parsley.
- Burgers should always be thoroughly cooked. Burgers should not be served rare or pink. A good guide is to insert a skewer into the thickest part; if it is ready to eat the juices will be clear.
- Freeze mince you don't intend to use. Uncooked mince can be frozen for 2-3 months. Rather than freezing loose mince in roundish shape as bought from the butcher lay it out flat to freeze. Thaw frozen mince (and any meat) in the fridge, on the lowest shelf below and or away from any ready to eat food. And only thaw in the microwave if using the mince immediately thereafter.