- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Born to grill
- Australian lamb chops with grilled capsicum salad
Australian lamb chops with grilled capsicum salad
12 Australian lamb loin chops
1 large red capsicum, cut into thick strips
1 large green capsicum, cut into thick spips
1 large yellow capsicum, cut into thick strips
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
10 basil leaves, roughly torn
- Brush or spray the lamb chops lightly with oil and then season with salt and pepper. Preheat char-grill or barbecue to moderately hot.
- Cook lamb on one side until moisture appears on top. Turn with tongs and cook until done to your liking. Turn lamb once only. Test for doneness with tongs. Rare is soft when pressed, medium is springy and well done is very firm.
- Cover lamb loosely with foil and rest it for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- While the lamb is resting, cook the capsicum strips on the barbecue for a minute on each side. Put the strips into a bowl with the oil, vinegar and basil leaves. Serve lamb with the grilled capsicum salad.
- Take the lamb from the fridge about 10 minutes before cooking to ensure it cooks more evenly and browns better.
- The lamb should sizzle when you add it to the barbecue.
- You can also use lamb cutlets or lamb fillets/tenderloins for this recipe.