- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Born to grill
- Australian lamb cutlets with chermoula
Australian lamb cutlets with chermoula
12 frenched Australian lamb cutlets
1/2 small onion, very finely chopped
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp sweet paprika
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp chopped coriander
2 tsp olive oil
Purchase char-grilled eggplant slices, baby spinach leaves and lemon wedges to serve
- Season each cutlet lightly with salt and pepper. Brush the chermoula (see method below) mixture over both sides of the lamb cutlets.
- Remove the grill tray. Preheat the oven grill to high/maximum setting. Place the cutlets on the cold grill tray, place tray under the hot grill.
- Cook cutlets on one side until the first sign of moisture appears on the top. Turn and cook further until done to your preference. Turn once only.
- Remove cutlets from grill tray, loosely cover with foil and rest steaks for 2 minutes before serving. Serve lamb cutlets with char-grilled eggplant slices and baby spinach drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice. Serve with lemon wedges.
- To make chermoula: combine all ingredients.
- Serve with purchased char-grilled eggplant slices, baby spinach leaves and lemon wedges.
- You can use cutlets, or lamb fillets/tenderloins for this recipe.
- When you grill meat it should be placed on a cold grill tray. This prevents the meat from sticking and becoming difficult to turn.