- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Winner winner meat dinner
- Lamb rump steaks with potato and onion salad
Lamb rump steaks with potato and onion salad
4 x 200g Rump steaks
600 g Small potatoes
1 Red onion, diced
½ Bunch parsley, chopped
50g Capers, chopped
2 Hard-boiled eggs
4 tbsp Mayonnaise
50 ml Milk
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat a frypan, season the steaks with salt and pepper, brush them with olive oil. Cook on one side until moisture appears then cook the other side. Test the ‘degree of doneness’ by touching the meat - it should feel springy for medium. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cook the unpeeled potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes. If they are too big to serve, cut in half after cooking.
- Once cooled, place the potatoes in a bowl. Add the red onion, parsley, capers, eggs, mayonnaise and milk; mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- When cooking the meat, be sure to turn it once only and don’t release all the juices by pressing down on the meat.