- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- For fitness fanatics
- Lamb, spinach and avocado salad
Lamb, spinach and avocado salad
600 g lamb spips
100 g baby spinach leaves
100 g soft lettuce leaves
1 large avocado, cut into chunks
2 celery sticks, sliced
0.33 cup sun-dried tomato spips
170 g pkt garlic bagel chips, broken into bite size pieces
0.33 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Coat the lamb sliips in a little oil. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat a non stick pan to moderately hot. Keep the heat at moderately high
- Cook the lamb in 3 batches. Cook the first side until the first sign of moisture appears on the uncooked side, turn and cook other side of lamb sliips. Remove the last batch from the pan and allow the lamb to cool slightly
- Toss together spinach, lettuce, avocado, celery and sun-dried tomato. Top salad with the warm lamb and bagel chips. Drizzle with combined mayonnaise and lemon juice
- When cooking lamb strips cook the first side until the first sign of moisture appears on the uncooked side. Then turn the strips and cook the other side to complete the cooking.
- Best lamb cuts for pan-frying; eye of loin/backstrap, tenderloin/fillet, loin chops, cutlets, lamb steaks (round or topside).