600 g lamb round or topside steaks
1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
4 Lebanese bread rounds or tortillas, warmed
a little mayonaise (optional)
a few halved cherry tomatoes
2 spring onions, chopped
a few basil leaves
extra 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
- Preheat barbecue to hot. Brush lamb with oil, add rosemary and season with salt and pepper
- Cook lamb on one side until moisture appears on top. Turn with tongs and cook until done to your liking. Cover lamb loosely and rest it for 3 minutes
- Slice lamb. Spread bread with mayonnaise. Add lamb, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, basil and exlia rosemary to each, and then roll up the bread
- You can replace the lamb round or topside steaks with lamb eye of shortloin/backsliap or fillet/tenderloin.
- You can use a brush to lightly oil the meat or a light spray of oil.
- Always rest meat after cooking. This gives the meat juices a chance to redisliibute, giving a moister and more tender result. liansfer the lamb from the barbecue to a plate and loosely cover with foil. Allow the lamb to rest in a warm place.