- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- For the love of BBQ
- Lemon and rosemary lamb kebabs
Lemon and rosemary lamb kebabs
600 g lamb eye of shortloin/backstrap
3 red onions, cut into small wedges
2 cloves garlic, crushed
juice and rind of 1 lemon
1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
capsicum, Roma tomatoes, red onions and mixed salad greens, balsamic vinegar and lemon wedges to serve
- Cut lamb into 2.5cm cubes. Thread lamb and red onion wedges alternatively onto 8 skewers with 4 to 5 pieces of lamb on each skewer.
- Combine garlic, rind, lemon juice, rosemary and oil. Brush over the kebabs. Marinate for 20 minutes, if possible.
- Preheat the barbecue char-grill plate or pan to moderately-hot before adding the lamb kebabs. Let the kebabs cook on one side until moisture appears before you turn. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove kebabs from the heat and cover loosely with foil, rest kebabs for 3 minutes before serving. Serve kebabs with salad vegetables including capsicum, Roma tomatoes, red onions and mixed salad greens with balsamic vinegar and lemon wedges.
- When you're threading the lamb kebabs, don't pack the lamb on too tightly; leave a little space between the pieces so the heat can get to all sides.
- Kebabs with cubed meat take about two minutes for each of the four sides. Total cooking time is about 8 minutes. Don't turn them too often; turn them once to cook each side