- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Slow cook to perfection
- Maple syrup braised rack of lamb
Maple syrup braised rack of lamb
2 x 600 gram Forequarter racks of lamb
500 grams Baby potatoes, halved
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
3 small Brown onions,peeled and cut into thick rings 3 large sprigs
2 tbsp Maple syrup, plus 2 tsp more 250ml white wine
250ml salt Reduced beef stock
3 pieces Orange peel 2cm wide
100g Frozen peas
6 Yellow squash, quartered
- Preheat oven to 180°C degrees.
- Bring heavy based casserole to a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp. oil and brown lamb racks all over and set aside. Add another tbsp. oil , then add potato halves, onion, and salt and cook until golden brown, about 8-‐10 minutes. Place lamb racks on top of vegetables and add wine, 2tbsp maple syrup and stock to deglaze pan, scraping off the bottom of the pan. Add orange peel and oregano and cover with lid. Place into the oven for 2 hours.
- Change oven to grill, uncover lamb, add peas, and squash, brush lamb with remaining maple syrup and allow to crisp up for 20 minutes , serve immediately.
- Feel free to vary the vegetables for any vegetables you like.
- Substitute sweet potato here for a lower GI option.
- You can substitute honey instead of maple syrup.