Pan-fried Australian lamb loin with mashed potato
1kg Australian Lamb Loin
1 tablespoon Coffee Powder
Rosemary, to garnish
Cherry Tomatoes, to garnish
- In a pot, add hot water and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and boil until tender but not falling apart, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl once done.
- Next, in a small pot, cook milk and cream over low heat. Add butter. Mix until the butter is melted. Using a potato masher, slowly blend milk mixture into potatoes until smooth and creamy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix together coffee, salt and pepper and sprinkle this over the lamb.
- In a frying pan, add butter. Place the lamb on to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Once cooked to your liking, allow the lamb to rest for 10 minutes.
- For garnishing, roast cherry tomatoes for a minute and then sprinkle with salt and thyme.
- Slice the lamb; top over a bed of mashed potatoes, garnish with roasted cherry tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve immediately.