Quick and easy lamb wrap
600g Lamb round or topside steaks
1 tsp Fresh rosemary leaves
4 Lebanese bread rounds or 4 tortilla, warmed
A little mayonnaise (optional)
A few halved cherry tomatoes
2 Spring onions, chopped
A few basil leaves
A little extra rosemary leaves
- Brush the steaks lightly with a little oil. Season with salt pepper, and sprinkle each lightly with rosemary. Preheat the barbecue flat-plate or char-grill pan to hot before adding the steaks.
- Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn steaks once only. Test the steaks for degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
- Remove steaks from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest steaks for 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, slice lamb steaks thinly. Spread each Lebanese bread round with a little mayonnaise if you like. Add lettuce, tomatoes, spring onion and basil leaves. Top with sliced lamb, sprinkle with a little extra rosemary. Roll up and enjoy.
- Replace the lamb steaks with lamb eye of shortloin/backstrap or lamb fillet/tenderloin if you like.