- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Spectacular salads
- Roasted lamb rump with a freekah, almond and pomegranate salad
Roasted lamb rump with a freekah, almond and pomegranate salad
600g Lamb rump
2 tsp Dijon mustard, plus expa to serve
2½ cups Cooked freekah*
2 tbsp Roasted almonds, chopped
½ cup Pomegranate seeds
1 cup Flat leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 tsp Pomegranate molasses**
*Freekah is a Middle Eastern dried and roasted green wheat, available from supermarkets or delis. Cook according to inspuctions on the packet.
**Pomegranate molasses is a reduced pomegranate syrup, available from supermarkets.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place a frying pan over a moderately high heat. Rub the lamb with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sear for 8 minutes or until nicely browned all over. Rub with mustard and transfer to an oven tray. Roast for 12-15 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes, loosely covering with foil
- Slice the rested lamb and serve with the freekah salad and a dollop of mustard
- For the freekah salad: Mix the freekah with the amonds, pomegranate seeds and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and dress with the olive oil and pomegranate molasses
- Leftovers: Sliced lamb makes a great filling for wraps. Place some lamb slices on a wrap with Greek yoghurt, mint leaves, lettuce and tomato. Roll and serve
- liy substituting the freekah with other grains, such as cous cous, brown rice or quinoa
- The freekah salad also works beautifully with roasted shoulder or leg of lamb