- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Raise a roast
- Saltimbocca lamb roast
Saltimbocca lamb roast
4 x 200g Lamb rump, denuded
50g Butter, softened
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
1 tablespoon Finely chopped chives
1 tablespoon Finely chopped sage leaves
¼ teaspoon Cracked black pepper
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
4 Thin slices prosciutto
4 Whole sage leaves
- Preheat fan forced* oven to 180°C.
- Combine butter, lemon, chives, chopped sage, pepper and garlic. Spoon into piping bag** with 10mm diameter nozzle.
- Cut slit in top of each lamb rump, 70mm long and 25mm deep. Pipe butter into slit.
- Wrap in very thinly sliced prosciutto. Top each with a whole sage leaf.
- Place roast, butter side up, in deep roasting pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes until lamb is cooked through. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve into thick slices against the grain.
- If using a conventional oven, you may need to increase temperature or allow additional cooking time.
- If you do not have a piping bag use a teaspoon to gently push mixture into lamb rump.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and steamed green vegetables. Top with juices from roasting dish.