- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Easy peasy recipes
- Seared beef with pomegranate & balsamic dressing
Seared beef with pomegranate & balsamic dressing
1kg Australian Beef Tenderloin
1 Bag of Rocket Leaves
100g Pomegranate Seeds
200ml Pomegranate Molasses
75ml Balsamic Vinegar
2 Heaped tsp Dijon Mustard
Salt to Taste
Pepper to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Mix olive oil, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard and molasses together in a bowl, stir to combine well and then set aside.
- Preheat a heavy-based frying pan over a high heat. Rub the beef with the olive oil place it in the pan (the pan should sizzle and smoke when you put in the beef). Pour olive oil again and some sea salt and black pepper. Sear the beef for about 3 minutes on each side, then remove it from the pan and allow it to rest so that the juices flow back through the meat, keeping it moist and juicy. Sprinkle salt, remove from the stove and place in the oven.
- Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 15 minutes.
- Once the meat has rested for at least 15 minutes, thinly slice the beef into slivers and arrange them on to a platter. Take a generous handful of rocket leaves and place in the centre of the platter, then drizzle the sauce all over the beef and, finally, garnish with the pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.