Spiced Australian lamb and mint meatballs with lemon yoghurt
600g lean minced lamb
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of half a lemon
½ cup mint leaves, chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 cup greek yoghurt
Grilled lemon wedges, baked potatoes and spinach or chard, to serve
- Mix the lamb with the lemon zest, mint, cumin and coriander and season with salt and pepper. Roll into meatballs roughly the size of a walnut.
- Mix the yoghurt and lemon juice together and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large, lidded frying pan over a moderate heat. Gently roll the meatballs in some olive oil and cook for 4 minutes or until nicely browned. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low and cook for 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve the meatballs with the lemon yoghurt, grilled lemon wedges, baked potatoes and sautéed spinach or chard.
- For a work or school lunch the next day, try the meatballs in a roll with some hummus, lettuce, tomato and grated carrot.
- The meatballs can be made a day ahead and refrigerated until required.