- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Easy peasy recipes
- Vietnamese topside rolls with pickled vegetables
Vietnamese topside rolls with pickled vegetables
600g Thinly sliced topside steak, trimmed
4 Long, crusty bread rolls
1 cup Coriander leaves
4 Lettuce leaves
Sliced red chillies, spring onion, and soy sauce, to serve
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Fine salt
1 Carrot, peeled and cut into long batons
1 Cucumber, cut into batons (watery middle discarded)
- 1 Preheat a ridged chargrill or barbeque to moderately high. Rub the steaks with some vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a minute on each side or until cooked to your liking. You may need to do this in several batches. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- 2 Divide the steaks between the 4 rolls. Top with the coriander, lettuce and pickled vegetables. Add chilli, spring onion and soy sauce to taste.
- There are an infinite number of filling options for these tasty Vietnamese rolls. Try shop-bought crispy shallots, mayonnaise, pickled radish, pate, chilli sauce, watercress or mint leaves.